smallwanderings



"Take the adventure, heed the call, now ere the irrevocable moment passes! 'Tis but a banging of the door behind you, a blithesome step forward, and you are out of the old life and into the new!" Kenneth Grahame - Wind in the Willows

9.20.2012

I am a worm, and no man… Psalm 22:4a

I have nothing to offer God except my broken heart and contrite spirit.  “What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?  I will take the cup of salvation…” Psalm 116:12.

I can only be an empty vessel, and I am a broken one in my humanity.  It is enough.  He will gather the vessels and fill them with oil, like the widow whose sons were to be sold.  He will fill them with the oil of His Holy Spirit, and that oil, and that oil alone will heal them.

“Neither is there in salvation in any other…” Acts 4:12.  The Spirit of Christ sheds abroad in our hearts the love, the very nature, of God. 

Oh to be just a vessel that has been broken so self has all run out and been lost.  A vessel that is unable to fill itself; unable to satisfy itself.  A vessel that is satisfied in not being self-satisfied.  A vessel that so filled with the oil of Christ that it has no need to be self-conscious.

Mary Magdalene was so concentrated on the person and love of Christ that she washed His feet with her tears and dried them with her hair, even before Christ washed the feet of the disciples.  She was so easily moved by the Holy Spirit that she thought exactly like Christ thought.  And she washed His feet because of His love for her – she had been such a broken and soiled vessel and He had healed her and cleansed her – she could only love Him.

How He longs for us to learn His love that way.  “For God so loved the world…” – SO LOVED the world that hated Him. 

"I have loved you from all eternity, because I have loved you, because I AM love; therefore I have drawn you to Myself with loving-kindness throughout all the days of your life." Jeremiah 31:3

“Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.” I John 3:1

0 comments:

who i am...